Saturday, October 07, 2006

Transmission, TL, and TSX

Wednesday - "Check Engine" light illuminates on the '02 TL-S that I drive for the first time in the five years I've owned her (yes, it's a her, don't make me explain it). I schedule it for the 90K mile maintenance at my Acura dealer.

Thursday - TL-S goes to dealer, receives maintenance, and "check engine" light doesn't come on for them. Nice. Makes the 50 mile journey home like a new car with no trouble.

Friday - Off to work, drives like a new car, no issues. Leave work, start car, engine "idles" at 1500RPM and transmission will not shift out of first gear. Great. Call dealer and tell them to come get the car... most likely needs tranny which [thankfully] will be under warranty but the 4 days it will take them to do it will suck. Or, will it?

Because I purchased my car from that dealer they loaned me a car while the TL-S is being repaired -- a 2006 Acura TSX. It's a four-banger compared to my usual six-shooter but still packs 205HP, digital gauge cluster with LED backlighting, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink connectivity through the XM-equipped 360-watt sound system, drive-by-wire throttle, etc. While I'm used to another 55 ponies, "it ain't bad at all" in my mind -- a very nice sub-$30K sedan.

No comments: