Friday, June 29, 2007

Joost takes me back

The university I work for recently partnered with Joost, a provider of Internet-based TV. Being a connoisseur of new technologies, gadgets, and steak, I wanted to give Joost a shot. Streamed video, no glitches, no synch problems, and a couple dozens channels to choose from left a great impression. However, it was when I saw the featured channel of the month -- the original Transformers cartoon -- that a twinkle came to my eye and I was reunited with, as Scott Brown wrote for Wired and so eloquently put it, the Almighty Rig. Watching Prime whip Megatron's ass again took me back to a time (circa 1985-87) when Michael and I had the plastic-embodied versions of Prime, his Autobot buddies, and Decepticon foes (and let me tell you -- they suffered battle damage and lots of it). Thank you, Joost!

No comments: