Thursday, October 04, 2007

GOOG411 - it's free, use it

I get the frequent occasional call from a friend or family member which starts with "are you near a computer" and generally, quickly followed by "I need you to look up a number for me." It's almost always for a business/company listing. While I'm generally one to help out where I can, I also feel it can be discourteous at times.

That said, allow me to repeat share with you a very important number:

(1-800-466-4411)

I beg you. I implore you. Put this number in your mobile phone's speed dial. Put this number by the phones in your house. This number will find any non-residential listing that you want, using only your voice, and will not cost you a dime. You will not hear any advertisements.

Embrace Google, for it is good. See how it works.

No comments: